Last October 2016, I hit rock bottom. After running my first business Finlee and Me for the last six years, starting Angela Henderson Consulting, taking care of two small children and also working full time as a mental health clinician it was time to stop. By body, both physically and mentally was done. And though I’m making progress the reality is that I’m still off on medical leave, but I don’t want the same thing to happen to you. So this is why I’ve created this blog post and free printable – 30 Ways to Avoid Entrepreneur and Small Business Burnout.
30 Ways to Avoid Entrepreneur and Small Business Burnout
It’s funny how the word “business” comes from the word “busy-ness” because as entrepreneurs and small business owners we are constantly on the go. And more often then not, our businesses can leave us feeling stressed, overwhelmed – making it difficult to stay motivated and inspired.
To run a productive business, spend time with your family and to avoid entrepreneur and small business burnout, try these: 30 Ways to Avoid Entrepreneur and Small Business Burnout.
- Give to back to others/community
- Stay hydrated
- Surround yourself with like-minded people
- Go to bed early
- Spend time outside
- Remember to read
- Stay connected with your family and friends
- Eat your lunch away from your desk
- Participate in some form of exercise
- Say no to things you don’t want to do
- De-clutter your home and work space
- Delete negative people from social media
- Unsubscribe from email lists
- Unplug from social media
- Put on some music and dance
- Write down 10 things your grateful for
- Binge watch your favourite TV show on Netflix
- Plan a fun weekend away
- Play a board game
- Take a hot bath or shower
- Write a list of things you are thankful for
- Take a nap
- Write in a journal
- Call someone you love
- Create positive, love affirmations for yourself
- Have a picnic at the park
- Treat yourself to a massage
What do you do to avoid burnout, let me know below as I love hearing about other ideas that will help us all grow.
Have an awesome day,
Angela is an entrepreneur, business consultant, Netflix blogger, author, mental health clinician and most importantly a mother.